Daytime Purple Smokey Eye Tutorial

Well.... I have entered the land of makeup tutorials ladies.... 

I have to say....it is much harder to do your makeup with a camera watching your every move! Haha! 

Now... With that said... Please please understand that this is the 1st video I have ever made. AND it was on my iPad no less... A little difficult and it has pretty low video quality. I will try to experiment and get better!!!!

For some reason, the lighting looks yellow (I think it's the bad lighting in my bathroom). I have tried all sorts of things to fix it to no avail. Just look at my "after" pictures to see the final product in better lighting!


The 1st part of this video is done in a time lapse fashion to speed through my normal "face" routine. The video slows down when I get to the Daytime Purple Smokey Eye Tutorial.

I have added all the products I used in the video for you below if you want to check them out! 
Just click on the item for the link!

Note: If you can't view the video...here is the YouTube Link








Products I Used:

Beauty Blender Sponge (I didn't use it in this video but I normally do during this step)
Estee Lauder Powder Brush   (I've had mine for years...this is a link to the newest one)
Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette (3 colors used in video are... Strange, Nooner, & Blackheart)
Shany Makeup Brush Set (I used the flat eyeshadow brushes and the concealer brush for lining under the eyes and I use the Angled Brush for my eyebrows) 
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (yes...that's the name haha!) in Carbon Black



After Pictures




If you have read my blog before, you know what a fan of purples I am!! I think they just look so amazing on the eyes! That's why this look is one of my favorites! The purple makes it not as harsh as a grey or black smokey eye and I feel that it is great for every day wear! 

If this seems a bit dark for you for the daytime, you can always use lighter colors to create a similar look! Just remember to use a light, medium, and dark shade to your liking. 


Naked 3 Palette

As you saw in the video above, I used the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette to create this eye look. I used the lightest matte shadow in Strange (all over the eyelid, inner corner, and up to brow bone), the medium matte shadow in Nooner (from the middle of the lid up to the crease), and the darkest shimmer shadow in Blackheart (in the outside corners and under the eye to line).

Creating a "smokey eye" look isn't necessarily about how dark your shadow is...it's how and where you apply it. Dragging the darkest shadow from the outer corner under the eye to line them instead of liner helps create that "smokey" look. Also, adding a lighter shadow in the inner corner and a darker shadow in the outer corner helps create depth and dimension to your eyes! 

Harness the Power of PURPLE for those Eyes Ladies!!!!

I know the Naked 3 Palette is a bit pricey at $54... So I've found a few lower priced alternatives for you with a similar color palette. Click on the product names for a link to the item online.


Naked 3 Palette Alternatives:











Cover Girl Eye Enhancers 4 Kit Shadows in Pure Romance - $5.99






Check these past posts for other tips on Concealing, Highlighting, Priming, and other fun things!
I'm Back Makeup World - Labor Tested Makeup
Conceal to Reveal - Concealing and Highlighting
Saving Face - Primers
Light As Air - Airbrush Foundation
Going Nude...On Your Lips
Happy Heart Day - Winged Out Liner and More!


______________________________________


Well, I hope you all aren't thoroughly confused and bored after my 1st video. :)

I am practicing and playing around with new tutorial ideas and videos every day and I promise I will get better!!!

Please leave any ideas for tutorials you would like to see in the comment section below!

Love you all! 

<3, 
MMG



Comments

Popular Posts