I'm BACK Makeup World!!!!

I'm BACK Makeup World!
Well...world in general! 

I am so sorry I dropped off the face of the Earth, but I am now a very proud mom to an amazing little boy!

No...my love of all things makeup has not left me...I still love it just as much as "pre-baby" haha! Actually...I think I probably love it even more because it can hide those dark circles that are now down to my knees! (Seriously they are!)

So where do I even begin after my new mommyhood makeup hiatus? 


Hmmm.. How about the day I became a mother?

Yes, my life changed on June 7th when I finally got to meet my little miracle boy. 
Seriously the best day of my life. 
He. Is. AMAZING! 

But...since this is a makeup blog...I will spare you all the labor and delivery details and just focus on the MAKEUP! :)

Short story... I didn't want to look a total new mom mess when I took my first photos with my little man. Probably vain I know...But makeup is a part of me no matter what is going on haha!

So...12 hours of labor...ZERO makeup touch ups(I swear!!!)...And after all you go through with labor and delivery... my makeup was still ON my face! Now that's some serious staying power don't you think!?? If you would like to know which products I used to make it through, keep reading!

Proof!



Now i'm not saying I look gorgeous here...I'm just saying my makeup actually LASTED! And I'm pretty proud of that accomplishment! 


Okay, here come the makeup DEETS!



Face Primer - Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
If you have read my blog before you know how big of a fan I am of this primer (Read Here)! Nothing helps keep your makeup on your face like an awesome primer! I know this one helped keep my foundation in place even through sweat and tears! This 1 ounce tube has lasted for 6 months and I'm not even halfway through! You only need a pea sized amount for your full face to get this labor lasting primer effect!

$36 for 1oz tube at Ulta, Sephora, and online at Smashbox.com



Foundation - Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation in Light

This is also another product that I have written about on my blog previously (here). LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation! And I seriously love it even more now that it lasted through one of the toughest (and best) days of my life! This is the easiest foundation to apply (HELLO SPRAY ON MAKEUP!?)and it has real staying power! It is also full coverage, which is definitely something that this new mom loves...Spray, blend, and GO! 
P.S. - the can looks rather small, but a little goes a LONG way with this foundation. I easily get at least 3 months of coverage with one can.

$28 for a 2.5oz Can at Sephora 




Concealer - Benefit Fake Up Conceal in Light
This concealer had been on my wish list for a while (here). But, my wonderful twin sister bought this for me for my birthday and I AM IN LOVE! It is hands down the best under eye concealer that I have ever used. It not only moisturizes, but it really gives you great coverage over those dark circles. This is the one product that I use on a daily basis...even when I'm not leaving the house I still use it to cover my dark circles.
When I do my full face, I use this concealer BEFORE I apply my foundation, then I use my NYX HD concealer on TOP of my foundation for extra coverage and a little contouring. This concealer definitely helped keep my under eyes looking fresh while in the hospital. I JUST finished my first tube of this concealer literally this week. It lasted me from March until OCTOBER! A full 7 months with every day use!

$24 at Sephora, Ulta, and at online makeup retailers


Concealer - NYX HD Photo Concealer Wand in Fair
Like I said earlier, this is the concealer I use on TOP of my foundation to conceal AND contour my under eye area. See this previous post explaining the right way to conceal under your eyes (here).  
This concealer surprised me when I first tried it because it is a GREAT concealer and it's also CHEAP (HELLO $4.99!!!). I used this concealer on my "delivery day" as well as while I was in the hospital to keep my under eyes looking bright. This product has great staying power and helps keep those dark circles a secret!! 
Using a concealer that is a shade lighter than your skin tone helps brighten the eye area and also brings the focus to your eyes and not UNDER your eyes! That's definitely what every new mom needs! 

$4.99 at Ulta or Target Stores



Powder - Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Banana
I am the biggest fan of this powder...Just read here. Nothing helps your makeup last like a great setting powder! This powder not only sets your makeup, it also absorbs any oil or sweat that may pop up throughout your day OR your labor!!!! 
Seriously this stuff kept my makeup going strong through my 12 hour labor AND the next 24 hours after (yes..I didn't wash my face until after the whole next day YIKES! But why wash a perfectly good makeup-ed face when you have a new little bundle to snuggle with!??). 
The best part of this powder is that a little goes a long way and it's pretty cheap!!! SCORE!

$15 for a 1.5oz jar here




Bronzer - Benefit Hoola Bronzer
If you are looking for a great matte bronzer, this is it!! I read rave reviews about this product on all sorts of beauty sites and decided to try it in my contour routine.
 It does not disappoint!
When I am contouring my face with bronzer, I don't want shimmer!! Just flat, matte color. This is perfect for that. It also comes with a brush to help get under those cheekbones! 
(Remember: if you don't have cheekbones...No prob! Just contour them on there!! Contour post to come soon!).
The only downside is that this bronzer is on the small side for it's price point ($28!). However, it does deliver blend-able, matte color!

$28 at Sephora, Ulta, or online makeup retailers



Blush - Stila Custom Color Blush in Sheer Pink
Don't let the BRIGHT pink color fool you...this blush is WAY more than just a simple pink blush. This blush is the ONLY blush you will ever need! 
Why??
Because it is a PH balanced blush that changes colors to fit your skin tone perfectly! 
Seriously...it does! 
It does go on bright PINK, but it gradually changes colors to become your skin tone's perfect pink match. Seriously awesome! 
Plus it lasts and lasts! 
What more could you ask for? A custom blush AND it lasts for days (Tested by ME...it really does!). 
Stila also has a Coral colored custom color blush and I just ordered it today! I will keep you posted on how much I love that one too!
P.S. - This is perfectly on trend with the color of the year, Radiant Orchid...Remember when I talked about it here?

$20 at Sephora, Ulta, or online makeup retailers 



Highlighter - Stila All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten
Nothing brings out your cheekbones and helps show off your gorgeous face like HIGHLIGHTER does!
I mean come on...It's called highlighter for a reason!
This is my favorite highlighter because it gives you two colors to chose from. 
Not only is this highlighter a perfect subtle shimmer to make those cheekbones POP, but it also gives you that glow that a good nights sleep use to! 
This is my "fake" 8 hours of sleep trick and it definitely helped me look more "awake" during my labor and hospital stay!
If you are unsure of where to use highlighter, check this past post here. Highlighting is an easy and beneficial step to add to your daily makeup routine.

$22 at Sephora, Ulta, or other online makeup retailers. 



Eye Shadow Primer - Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin
I have tried numerous eyelid primers...but nothing has come close to the Urban Decay primers! 
NOTHING!
This eyeshadow primer has a slight pink champagne shimmer to it and it looks great alone or under your eye makeup. My eyeshadow didn't smudge, crease, or cake AT ALL during my labor because of this stuff. The best part is that a teeny tiny itty bitty drop is all you need! This one tube will last me forever! I seriously don't know how I will ever use it all up. This stuff is perfect if you have oily skin like me, or you just want a little insurance for your eyeshadow! Definitely worth the investment!

$20 at Sephora, Ulta, or online makeup retailers



Eye Shadow - Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
This has to be one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes of all time! I love the range of colors and I also love that they are highly pigmented (which means that a little goes a long way in the color department). You get a nice variety of light, medium, and dark colors that come in shimmer and matte. 

This eyeshadow paired with Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer = budge proof eye makeup! 

This would make a wonderful gift for someone this Christmas if you need some ideas! ;)

$54 at Sephora, Ulta, or online makeup retailers 




Eyeliner - Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner
This....Is...The...Holy..Grail...of...EYELINER!
This stuff lasts SO long and doesn't smudge that my best friend dubbed it "Lyndee's Labor Liner" haha!
It's a little tricky to apply, but after you practice a few times, you won't want to use anything else. 
With my oily skin, my eyeliner always use to slide right off my face. 
I just knew I was doomed to have eyeliner smudged racoon eyes when it was time to deliver my little boy, but not with this stuff! 
Seriously it lasted for 36 hours! NO TOUCH-UPS!!!  
This is the 1st waterproof, budgeproof, gel liner that hugs your lash line because of the angled applicator. An awesome innovation if you ask me!
Definitely worth looking in to if you want eyeliner that never moves!! 

$24 at Sephora, Ulta, or other online makeup retailers

Mascara - Revlon Lash Potion in Waterproof Black Black
I have to admit...I'm a bit of a mascara hoarder...I am constantly using new kinds just because I LOVE to try new ones! 
I was really just needing a waterproof mascara for my labor and delivery time and I actually had this in my stash and I already loved it. Perfect!!!! 
It definitely did the job well. It separates and  lengthens lashes and is totally budge proof! 
It is also a bargain at under $9!
Worth the trip to the store if you need a waterproof mascara!!

$8.49 at Ulta, Target, Walmart, and other drug stores



Lip Stain - Benefit Lollitint in Candy Orchid
I love lip stains!!! 
Where have they been all my life!??
This lip stain is the perfect shade of pink! I had it on my makeup wish list and I also was going nuts over it on my Radiant Orchid Post here
You literally paint this on like nail polish...except on your lips (My husband literally asked me if I was using nail polish on my lips LOL). 
Let it set for a minute and BAM! You have beautiful blush pink lips for days! I added a light pink gloss on top for a little shine and moisturizer and then went out the door to the hospital!
I love that you can control the amount of pink you want...just keep reapplying for a darker shade or use one coat for a lighter shade. 

$30 at Sephora, Ulta or other online makeup retailers




Makeup Setting Spray - Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray
The ultimate makeup insurance step is a makeup setting spray. Especially if you have oily skin like me... or know you will be in high humidity or sweating (or going into labor, haha). 
I went over how much I love this product in my past post here
I made sure I sprayed this all over my face to set my makeup before I left for the hospital. 
Definitely a makeup insurance policy in a little bottle!

$30 for a 4oz bottle at Sephora, Ulta, and other online makeup retailers


___________________________________


Well...there you have it ladies!!! 

Labor tested!
Lyndee Approved!!

Now you know what to use if you need some serious makeup staying power! 
No need to use trial and error... I did all the labor for you...No pun intended...okay...maybe a little pun...haha!

Disclaimer: This blog post was written over a period of 3 days/30 diaper changes/18 Feedings/4 Meltdowns (only one was me). I apologize for any spelling mistakes or rambling
 nonsense....haha!


<3 MMG

Comments

  1. ... and you DID look gorgeous, as usual, after 12 hours of labor. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vanias!!!! No amount of makeup can give you that new mommy glow right!? It just happens the moment you meet your little one!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts