Drugstore Cream Contour Tutorial

Contouring.

A word that sends many a woman running away from the makeup department. 



Fear of looking like a clown. --- Fear of throwing down a lot of $$$ on products you won't ever use. --- Fear of spending too much time on your makeup.

But...It can be really simple, easy, AND affordable!!

I promise!

Let me show you how!





Products Used For Foundation and Contour:

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (For Contour) Stick in 355 Coconut - $6.94
Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in Translucent - $3.97
Rimmel London Bronzer in Sundance - $4.28
The Original BeautyBlender - $19.95


This is definitely not something I do every day.
But, when you have the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Sticks, it makes it super easy and fast when you decide to make those cheekbones POP! You can literally just draw on where you want to highlight and contour! 
Plus...These products are super affordable if you are just venturing out into the contour world!



Just remember the difference between highlighting and contouring:

Highlight where the light naturally hits -- The high points of your face (Lower half of Forehead, under eye area, top of cheekbones, bridge of nose, Cupid's Bow, Chin). You want to highlight what features you want people to notice!

Contour where you want to cast a shadow -- Under the cheekbones, Under the jaw, Around the top of your forehead/temples, Outside of your nose, under bottom lip). Contouring helps define and slim features.
 
The key to cream contouring is BLENDING!!!!

Seriously...Blend Blend BLEND!

And then blend some more!

You might think it's kind of pointless to draw on all that makeup, then blend it all out....But it really does help define certain facial features!

As you saw in the video, I contoured under my cheekbones, around the outside of my nose, my forehead, and my chin/bottom lip. 
The reason I contour those places is to slim down my face (Cheeks/forehead), and define/slim my nose, and "plump" my bottom lip.

When I do contour, I always prime my face and put on foundation BEFORE I do my contouring. I like to have a nice blank canvas before I draw everything on!



Side Note: I used the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and Bronzer to set my contour and highlight (If you were wondering why I used powder products on top of the cream). We don't want our hard work sliding off our face do we!? 

Contouring is definitely a personal choice. 
Whatever you feel like you want to slim or define...Contour it!
Whatever you love and want to show off...Highlight it!!
It really is that easy!!





_________________________________
 I hope you found this video tutorial and blog post helpful on your road to becoming a contouring queen!
I am not a professional...but I do think this is a very easy and affordable way to try out some contouring and highlighting techniques!

Thanks for watching and reading!!

Follow me on Social Media:

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should pretty much take credit for everything I post about because you are the real makeup guru!!!! Love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts