Winterize Your Style


Hey guys!!

I am SO happy to be up and running again!
We have started to get settled in here in NC and things are starting to slow down a bit. I hope to be able to get a few more posts up before the end of the year.
Thanks so much for being so patient as we make this transition!

Anyways.....

Can you guys believe Thanksgiving was YESTERDAY!?

I mean...wasn't Easter just like...2 days ago!??
I can't even...this year has FLOWN by!

I am such a holiday freak....like...I HAVE to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade every single year... and I HAVE to put up Christmas decorations the day after Turkey Day - ASAP!

I feel like Thanksgiving is the last day of fall for me (Even though technically winter won't be here for a bit) . 
In my mind, the colors in my head turn from warm browns, golds, oranges, and other neutral tones - to rich blues, metallic hues, deep burgundy reds, and dark greens RIGHT after I finish my Thanksgiving meal. 
It's like as soon as my tummy is done digesting my turkey and sweet potato casserole I am READY for Christmas and all the fun new winter colors.


I love finding inspiration for my new seasonal makeup looks in all different kinds of places. 
Some looks aren't THAT new and inspired....Hello...a Deep Dark Red Lip is like a STANDARD winter staple. 
Plus...it's so classy and perfect for all those holiday parties. Red lips and parties just GO together, Right!?
Trading a bright red for a darker red hue is PERFECT for transitioning your lips from fall to winter!





I recently came across Adore Me, a super luxurious, but insanely affordable sexy lingerie company - Adore Me - and thought it would be fun to collaborate on finding ways to winterize your wardrobe
and makeup!





Most of the time we totally forget that our under-things need an update and upgrade too... as well as our makeup!
If there's one thing you can never have enough of...it's underwear...am I right!?
(Oh...and makeup!!!)



Jewel tones are everywhere this winter! Winterize your wardrobe and makeup by integrating pops of blue, dark green, burgundy, or pink!

One of my favorite ways to spice up my deep red winter lip is by doing a classic cat eye. 
However, this winter instead of boring black eye liner, I am trading it out for a dark green eye liner to give a subtle pop of color, but still look classy. 

My FAVE liquid liner right now is the

It is the PERFECT dark green to line those lids with this winter!
(This liner also come in a dark blue color - Here - another great option to winterize those eyes!)



 


I love changing my bright red lip color to the deep, cranberry red for the colder months. There is something so classy about a super sleek Cat Eye and a sassy Red Lip. 
I am currently OBSESSED with the Nars Audacious Lipsticks
I wear the Nars Audacious Lipstick in Audrey - $32 on REPEAT for the winter.










Does that deep red just not SCREAM winter parties!??
It seriously speaks to me!


Another winter trend this year is the super dark burgundy red lip. It might look a little scary to some, but this vampy winter color is actually easier to pull off than it looks. Just make sure you go simple on the eyes and let your lips be the focal point! My fave burgundy lippie is the Maybelline ColorSensational  The Buffs Lipstick in Espresso Exposed.  (A TOTAL steal at under $5!!!) It might not look dark here, but trust me -It's like an eggplant purple and a dark cranberry red had a baby....and it's this lip color! Totally loving it and I am definitely  going to be wearing it a lot this season!


I love pairing these darker reds with the dark green or blue eye liner for a winter twist on the classic look. 
Here I am at a wedding this past week! I used my Stila Dark Green Eyeliner and my Nars Lipstick in Audrey for this look!!

 Try something unexpected and fun this winter with your wardrobe and makeup!


This gorgeous unmentionables set  totally inspired my winter look and it will be a staple in my cold weather makeup arsenal!




Who doesn't love updating their makeup looks to fit the season, as well as their wardrobe!?? It's so much fun to be out with the old and in with the NEW!

Thanks, Adore Me for the inspiration!!
Hurry now and go get your 1st set for under $25 (That's a bra and undies BOTH for under $25!! Holy STEAL!!!!)
Follow them on Facebook / Twitter !!


_______________________________________


Thank you all again for being so patient with me!!
It feels so good to be blogging a bit again!
I hope to get a holiday gift round up for you all very soon!


 
Also, follow me on Social Media for makeup funnies, and fun makeup tips!!!

https://loebig.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/facebook1.png  www.instagram.com/manicmakeupgirl  www.twitter.com/manicmakeupgrl  www.pinterest.com/manicmakeupgirl  www.youtube.com/user/lyndee0324  https://loebig.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/rss.png


Thanks for Reading!

I love you ALL!


Visit ManicMakeupGirl's profile on Pinterest.
*** I was not sponsored or reimbursed in any way. All thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own and 100% honest.

Comments

Popular Posts